Students are selected for UWC based on their personal qualifications and engagement alone. Selection is based independently of a students' religious, ethnic, social or economic background.
The selection process in UWC Syria is divided into three rounds:
- An administrative check to ensure eligibility based on nationality, age, and academic qualification
- Qualified applications get reviewed and shortlisted applicants are invited to take a test (in English and Arabic languages, mathematics, and general culture)
- Applications are reviewed again with the test results and shortlisted applicants are invited to a personal interview. Additional interviews may be conducted if needed.
During the selection process, we put weight on the following:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation.
- Academic ability to benefit from a challenging educational programme in English.
- Active commitment and ability to act on one's own values as well as learn about and confront the values of others.
- Personal responsibility and integrity.
- Motivation to attend a UWC.
Candidates will be notified by email after each stage.